Skip to main content

How do I transfer my myRA account to another Roth IRA provider where I can save and invest?

You can initiate a direct transfer of your full account balance to another Roth IRA at any time. To do so, you will first want to identify or open an account at the new Roth IRA provider where you will continue to save and invest. Then, by working with a new Roth IRA provider you select, you can transfer your myRA®balance to your new Roth IRA. By opening another Roth IRA and working with the new Roth IRA provider to initiate a transfer of the funds in your myRA to your new Roth IRA, you avoid withholding and potential tax liabilities (including potential tax penalties) that may apply to earnings if funds are paid directly to you.